MAKING THE INFORMED CHOICE
Today it is increasingly common to see a scooter or powerchair being used by people of all ages and abilities. Mobility vehicles are popular because without them people can be housebound, or restricted to moving very limited distances.
They are easy to control, economical to keep, and of course they can be great fun.
However, deciding on which model to trial and which company to buy from is very important and it can be a difficult decision to make.
You need to know that the product is suitable for all your needs and that the company is a qualified and experienced supplier. You need to know that they will look after you and your vehicle - now and in the future.
THINGS TO ASK:-
- Is the company a member of the British Healthcare Trades Association (BHTA)?
- Does the company offer a choice of manufacturers and models?
- Is the company based near you with showrooms?
- Is the company able to offer you servicing facilities and on the road service and repair?
- Can the company provide comprehensive insurance, servicing and financial plans?
- Do you know the costs of call outs and in house servicing?
- Is the company able to provide other medical products you may require?
- Will the company tailor a chosen product to suit your needs?
- Will the company provide details of another approved repairer when you are away on holiday in the UK?